Recipe: Sweet Potato Wedges
Recipe: by thenewbaguette.com
Photography: by Michelle Fidman
Prep time 10 mins
Cook time 20 mins
Total time 30 mins
Ingredients (Serves 4 as a snack)
• 3 medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed, patted dry and cut into ⅓”-thick wedges
• 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• 3/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
• 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/4 teaspoon each fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
• 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
• 2 tablespoons water
• 1-2 teaspoons hot sauce, to taste
• 1 teaspoon white vinegar
• 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F. Place a baking sheet in the oven to warm it up.
2. In a large bowl, toss together sweet potatoes, oil, paprika, garlic, salt and pepper, making sure all potatoes are coated evenly.
3. Remove the hot baking sheet from the oven and transfer potatoes onto baking sheet, carefully arranging potatoes in a single layer. Bake potatoes for 10 minutes, flip them to brown the other side, and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes, until potatoes are cooked through and evenly browned.
4. Meanwhile, make the dip: in a small bowl, combine the yogurt, cheese, water, hot sauce, vinegar, mustard and a pinch of sea salt. Taste and adjust seasonings, if needed.
5. Serve hot potato wedges with blue cheese dip.