May 2nd 2017
Life Lessons We Learnt At Uni
by Eve MacDonald
Going to uni is more than just turning up to lectures and passing your modules - there are some valuable lessons you learn along the way…
1. FriendshipEveryone always says you’ll have the best time of your life and meet friends you’ll keep forever. Chances are you WILL meet friends for life but you'll also come across people you'll never see again. Be social, choose wisely and make some good 'uns.
2. FinanceThursday nights are ALWAYS the cheapest and the night you're most likely to get cheap shots or 2 for 1 cocktails) and student discounts are life. But uni also taught me how to budget when I was down to my last dolla.
3. ProcrastinationThis will rear its head in the weirdest ways and you'll no doubt be overcome with motivation to tidy your room or clear out your wardrobe instead of doing that upcoming essay. On the plus side, it teaches you how to get 2,000 words onto paper in about 2 hours.
4. Naps and Coffee Are Your BFFsCaffeine is as essential as oxygen - how would anything ever get done without these two heroes?
5. Everything Will Be OKDespite the ups and downs, you will hand in that essay, you will graduate, and you will be able to face what that life throws at you.
GIF source: Giphy