Recipe: Baked Camembert
• Camembert – like any camembert, as fancy or as cheap as you like. Mine was the only one Durham Tesco had and it was excellent.
• Rosemary (dry or fresh)
• 2 garlic cloves
• Dried cranberries
• Olive oil
• Rusty bread
1. Preheat the oven to around 180°C/350°F.
2. Leaving your camembert in the box, score the top with a sharp knife, similar to a checker board. Get all those lines in there.
3. Peel and chop your garlic cloves into little pieces. Push them into the corners of each scored square. Get them right in there so the camembert takes on that amazing garlic flavour that we all love.
4. Do the same with sprigs of fresh rosemary, or if using dried rosemary give it a good sprinkle.
5. Do the same with the dried cranberries. As many or as few as you fancy.
6. Give it a good drizzle with the oil – I actually use a garlic infused olive oil and it’s the bomb!
7. Whack it in the oven for a good twenty minutes. Enough to get all that cheese all melty and hot and bubbly. Keep an eye on it so it doesn’t burn or leak too much.
8. Tear/cut yourself some crusty bread chunks, drizzle with a little oil and rosemary.
9. Grab your cheese from the oven (carefully) and go to town. You’ve earned it.