Sweet Potato: Loaded
Right now, we're totally preachin' sweet potato. It's up there with avocado and all the other must have foods of 2016, which with a great filter are always gonna be pretty insta-worthy. Because you can't show off your #foodgoals without a great snap right?
Sweet potato mash, done. Sweet potato fries, OVERLY done. Really there's only one thing left for it.
If you're looking for a new round the clock recipe minus all the cals (ok some of the cals), this 15 minute wonder is for you.
...Or even better, get your best pal to cook up a storm instead!
Score: 5's all round
2 Medium Sweet Potatoes
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
Splash of Milk
3 Bacon Rashers (cooked until crispy and cut up)
Grated Cheese (to melt on top)
Salt, Pepper, Paprika (for seasoning)
Sour cream/Mayonnaise (for serving)
- To get things started, I usually usually pierce the several times and put them in the microwave for 5 mins to soften before baking.
- Pop in the oven on a baking sheet lined with grease-proof paper until the pots are cooked all the way through.
- Beware, they'll be too hot to handle fresh from the oven, so leave to cool before cutting each potato in half (length ways)
- Scoop out the sweet potato flesh into a bowl, leaving a thin layer in the skins. Place potato skins (facing up) back on the baking sheet and drizzle with oil. Bake for approx 10 minutes until skins are crispy around the edges.
- Mash the sweet potato flesh with a splash of milk and season with salt, pepper and paprika. Mix in the chopped bacon, if you want it, the recipe is still tasy without. Spoon the mixture into each potato skin in equal amounts, and top with grated cheese. Bake or grill until cheese is melted.