What's In Our Party Bags
Alongside the usual 'What do I wear?!' panic comes the bag packing. Do I bring back-up flats? Can I even fit them in this clutch?
We teamed up with four of our favourite bloggers to bring you their party bag essentials to help the stress of your party bag packing fade away.
Manuela from Mademoiselle Mode
This wonderful bag is perfect for New Year’s parties and, before having one I always ask myself what can I put in it, as I am used to always have big bags with lots of useless things in it.
As you all know, a woman’s handbag is full of treasures, and very often full of useless things too... For this kind of bag, there is no space for that, you can only put the things you need and will use!
With this small size, I can only put what is essential for a night out.
- A eyeshadow make-up with lots of gold colors
- A small purse with my credit card and some cash
- A perfume refiller in case you need to top up your perfume on the night
- Finally, my iPhone charger, so I can take photos all night
Constance from Clothes Paper
Usually, when you go out it’s better not to bring a big bag, so of course, we all have this question coming back: What should I bring with me then?
I will explain in this blogpost what I have my small grey handbag.
Eva Bag >
Let’s start with the beauty products. Of course it’s always better to have some in your bag, in case you need them.
I always have my lipstick in the bag as it's always useful after eating or drinking. I really like the one from Yves Rocher. To be able to put it on wherever you are you need a pocket mirror: mine is from Viktor & Rolf, which is also my favourite perfume brand. That’s why I also bring with me a mini perfume refiller full of this perfume. I always have some powder with me in case I need to doll up. Finally, this cute eye shadow is always with me. I love gadgets, and this mini hair straightener fits in any bag! It's become essential as my hair is always messy. Finally for all the geeks like me, you need to have your battery charger with you so that you can take photos all night!
I always have gums with me, hand sanitizer (this one is from Merci Handy, and I recommend it) and also 20 euros with me in case I need to go back home in taxi.
Jade from The Style Rawr
This bag is a total beaut, hinged flap box crossbody with ridic gold embellishment sat on a black leather look casing. I think this bag is around the £25 mark and it looks and feels a lot more than that so hurrah!
Anyhoo, as gorge as it is, it's also teeny, which is perfect for partying but I was a tad concerned about what I could fit in there! However, I am never one to be outdone so I set to playing Tetris inside and whaddya know, I'm good to go ;) So, what indeed is in my party bag?!
- Lippy - I'm obsessed with my new Max Factor Star Wars gold one right now, it's perf for the party season and the packaging looks straight up legit in my bag.
- Perfume atomizer - This one is currently rocking Lolita Lempicka's Sweet which is super long lasting and a bit sexy if I do say so myself.
- Nail polish - I'm usually really lazy and leave my nails until the last second, literally just that as I can often be found in a toilet cubicle giving them a quick frosting. Illamasqua's Hemlock is a dreamy iridescent pearly silver that dries in seconds and only needs 1 or 2 coats to look fab. In you go.
- Hair Emergency Kit - I take my mini Denman brush and clear Invisibobble everywhere. My hair is super long and thick with a full fringe so it's prone to crapness at any time, especially if I'm dancing in a confined space. I couldn't be without these in my party bag.
But what about your phone, money or keys, I hear you cry?! Weh-elllllllll, my phone is usually in my hand, my man will either pick me up or wait up for me to open the door, and my money? Well that goes into the kitty in one of the other girls' bags of course! Ta daaaaa!
Layla from Sprinkles of Style
Ok, so let’s start with the Tech Items that I always have in my bag!
- iPhone 6 Plus
- Power Bank Charger (In pink)
- Nikon Camera (Used for photos)
These are my ‘essentials‘ and if you’re a blogger you need to have them with you more or less, all the time!
Use your phone for Instagram shots, your professional camera for blog photos and as a backup – keep your power bank charger in your car or handbag just in case you get carried away on social media 😉
Yay! I think all of you are going to love this part…..
I’ll tell you something right here – I used to be worse with the amount of beauty products I’d carry with me however over the years I’ve learnt to only take the ‘essentials‘ with me but seeing as this is party bag post, an eyeshadow palette HAS to be in the mix!
You know how much I love my eye makeup more than anything else! :)
- NARS Lipstick
- Handbag Atomiser
- Makeup Brushes
- Tarte Cosmetics Mascara
Keeping things simple will easily allow you to take things from day to night….