Why it's So Great to Be Single over Christmas...
Despite your recent efforts on tinder, your best Valencia filter and managing to hold your breath long enough to fit into your best skinnies… Christmas is here and you’re STILL single. Which also means so are the Bridget Jones clichés… AND the relatives you never see who suddenly show an interest in your non-existent love life. It’s time to get out that badly photo-shopped pic of you David Beckham along with the... ‘He’s perfect Grandma.'
A set up for disaster right? Wrong! I am here to turn the other cheek (reality check please!…)
Being single over the holidays is more than underrated! So girls, no stressin’ over your single stat. This one is yours for the taking. Here’s why…
- No pressie politics – The number one woe. Instead of stressing over what to buy for your BF, you can spend the time (and money!) wisely on yourself. Besides, no one is better at taking your own hints than you!
- Winter weight gain – who gives AF? Those mince pies are totally worth a little more love handle!
- You don’t have to introduce anyone to your strange relatives...
- NOR is there any 'meeting the fockers' – surely one family around Christmas is stressful enough?
- You can party 'til you drop – you have no one to answer to when you come home at 3am in the morning; shoeless with your bag tied around your shoulders
- You can have an Xbox free Christmas – which means no time spent pretending to be remotely interested in what your other half is doing - more time invested into yet another viewing of Love Actually
- You can eat quality street for breakfast – enough said?!
- Netflix and chill – and I mean the kind we can totally get on board with. The only participation being the two greatest loves of your life (and mine) – Ben and Jerry